Here's a new tool that I have developed....

1. dk7
    18 Posts.
    Here's a new tool that I have developed.

http://www.miningandmoney.com/mining-method-selector

Take a few drill intersections (enough to have an idea about the shape, depth, width, etc) or even better a cross section and based on orebody geometry and other characteristics you'd find out if the orebody can be mined by the usually cheaper open pit mining methods or by underground mining methods. If underground then some of the methods are more expensive than others and that would affect the bottom line, the project economics, the mining cost etc.

There are serious and numerous implications when considering a mining method vs another. I will detail them when I'll get back from the bush.

In a few weeks I will provide another calculator that based on a chosen mining method will estimate the mining cost, the CAPEX for different types of mines and mills.

You would be able to start with a few drill intersections or a cross section and a few clicks later you'd be able to delve into project economics and figure out if they should further pursue this mineralization or move onto greener pastures.

etc etc etc

Enjoy.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.