CMR 0.00% 15.0¢ compass resources limited

re: environmental review I don't see it as a problem, of course,...

1. 2,463 Posts.
    re: environmental review I don't see it as a problem, of course, and like anyone else i don't know specifically what the request encompasses but it sounds a bit like setting baseline measurments to me - someone did discuss it a bit better here a while back - maybe cable guy but not sure

The person looking after it at the EPA expected the info to be with her by end march - however, in the announcement, the company said they would deal with the request with a scientifically sound approach so that probably is something of a process --and take some time ....I spose while we may be waiting with some sense of urgency, some lab studies probably need to be done and they may not be in a position to drop everything to focus on us so it all take time

I did email and ? the company a to if the extra info had been sent to NT yet after reading that GT had a productive meeting with nt gov at end of march - response was slow so ? again - was told Rod Elvish - the signatory to the 15 march announcement regarding this has been interstate -- that may mean victoria (or elsewhere of course) but ENEZA - the consultants who did the PER are in VIC.

He returned to syd today and advised that when it is submitted they expect the approval to be expedient so in essence the extra info not sent yet - so for mine is no more a concern than before - just means they are taking the time they need to get it right and would be to some degree at the mercy of the labs!

To me one of the most important points in the 15 march announcement is

"The EPA has verbally advised that, as the PER assessment process is essentially complete, the EPA
    assessment of the new inputs from Compass will be completed within a few days of receiving the
    requested information."

maybe it is too simplistic a view - but surely, if they had identified anything that would see the PER rejected, they just would not bother asking for additional info - surely they would just knock it on the head and add that they also have unanswered issues re groundwater......so I take this request for additional info as positive - positive because everything else is ok......this is the last "T" left to cross - so take all the time they need to ensure it is a nice str8 cross and get it right!

Just my musings anyway

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CMR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.