SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

mining permit, page-9

1. 87 Posts.
    Hi Cap

Just bought in yesterday so please forgive me if some details are incorrect

Going off the chairmans recent address to shareholders dated 16/08, it would appear that the Congolese government is right behind Sundance and any issues would be minor.

In early July, Michael Blakiston and I met with the President of the Republic of Congo and Senior Government officials. I am pleased to report the Congolese government continues to show exceptional support for the Project and the Company.
    At the end of July, I travelled with Michael and Peter Canterbury to Cameroon to hold meetings with Prime Minister Philemon Yang and senior government ministers including Badel Ndanga Ndinga, the Minister of Mines. We thanked them for their exceptional efforts and support following the air-crash and assured them that the project is well on track, that there is a new board in place and the new board has a strong determination to see this project implemented as soon as possible.
    It has become very clear to me that the recent tragic events have underlined and even strengthened the close relationship that exists between Sundance and the Governments of the Republic of Congo and the Republic of Cameroon.
    Last week, between 8-13 August, we travelled extensively to meet with a number of steel mills, and rail and port construction companies to progress discussions regarding sales contracts, potential joint venture arrangements, and construction of project infrastructure.
    I am pleased to say this visit reinforced the strong interest in the Project, and resulted in a significant maturing of our discussions. We are hopeful of reporting positive outcomes on this in the near future.
    On 13 August we submitted the final draft Convention in English and French to the Government of the Republic of Cameroon. This will be used as a basis for final negotiations.
    The Convention is a cornerstone agreement that sets out the legal, fiscal, land, labour, financial and social conditions under which Sundance will progress and operate the Project.
    On the near horizon, we now look forward to achieving several critical milestones for the Project, including commencing the final negotiations on the Mbalam convention in early September 2010, which we are hopeful will enable us to finalise the agreement by November 2010.
    By the end of August we expect to have submitted a draft Convention to the Government of the Republic of Congo concerning the development of the Project within the Congo.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.