BTU 0.00% 15.0¢ bathurst resources limited

mining prospects in nz, page-5

1. 393 Posts.
    While that is an interesting theory obelix I think its a tad off the mark. There is a lack of jobs, not a lack of will to work. My theory is times are tough in nz at the moment, there's not as much spare cash to risk on shares and what not, secondly there seems to be much less awareness in nz about share trading, the exchange is not as big and exciting as the asx and so presents far less opportunity to make money than on the asx. I have been keeping an eye on btu for a fair while now, primarily because I grew up in Westport so have more to gain from the mine going ahead than just the sp. House values have gone up considerably in the past year or so. Also there are fewer big resource tickers on the nzse because there are less companies operating there. We have solid energy which is a soe for the time being, we have macraes gold which operates a fair few gold mines. We don't have bhp, and rio and xtrata running the show.
    I talk to my family members who work in Stockton for se and often get interesting bits of information you wouldn't normally get. Nothing world shattering but more than you get from the papers.
    I have no doubt that we will be underway soon so am happy to sit on my shares, albeit at a slight loss until things come right. They have invested far too much in Westport to give up and they are far too importaint to the region for the govt to let the greens win.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.