LPI 0.00% 56.5¢ lithium power international limited

Mining Voices Forum will address challenges and opportunities of lithium mining in Chile, page-21

1. 213 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 92
    Nice to see more attention to maricunga, but I dont know what the minister is referring to with the "subject to the resolution of the controversies that exist in the salar de maricunga. what is he referring to here?

I am thinking the minister is referring the situation we are in assuming it is true that BYD and Errázuriz are both trying to use their CEOL's in maricunga. Codelco wanted to play a major role in the maricunga, ended up with no properties but only CEOL's for the properties that MSB owns. So MSB doesnt need codelco and codelco may just be about to lose its leverage if BYD and Errázuriz are both trying to joint venture with MSB. So in the eyes of the minister it is a controversy because they want to give out the CEOL's but it is sad for them that the two companies want to replace codelco's role in maricunga. This idea points to support of a massive potential joint venture between MSB + Mitsui + CODELCO + BYD + maybe Errázuriz group? Ideally this seems like something the ministers would support rather than simply allowing the signing of the CEOL's to then be used to replace thoes that Codelco is hoping to use on maricunga.

what are your thoughts?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.