FSE 0.00% 0.5¢ fuse minerals limited

mining weekly news

Currently unlisted. Proposed listing date: APPLICATION WITHDRAWN ON 28 MARCH 2024
  1. 1,113 Posts.
    JOHANNESBURG (miningweekly.com) – Black economic empowered Seskoko Resources on Thursday announced the appointment of a new CEO and CFO and said there was great interest its Waterberg joint venture (JV) coal project from a number of multinationals.

Executive chairperson Timothy Tebeila said the company was considering the participation of strategic investors in the project.

Sekoko Coal, a subsidiary of Sekoko Resources, has JVs with Firestone Energy to develop the Waterberg project. Sekoko is driving an exploration programme and feasibility studies on the Waterberg coal JV project based on the total coal zone resource estimated at five-billion tons

“We expect the project to transform Waterberg Colliery into a thermal coal producer within the next 12 months.

“We will have the second-biggest producing coal mine in the Lephalale area, with the overall estimated cost reaching up to R3-billion,” Tebeila explained.

New CEO Jan Britz takes up office from October 17, with Amanda Matthee filling the post of CFO from October 24.

The board said it was confident the appointments would provide it with the leadership and the staff to build on its existing strength of building a mine, which is expected to produce 10-million tons a year of saleable coal over a 21 year life-of-mine.

Britz has 20-years of experience in the South African coal industry, and has held several senior management and operational roles with coal miners including Exxaro Resources, Sasol Coal and Anglo Coal.

He holds several qualifications including a Bachelor’s degree in mining engineering from the University of Pretoria, and an MBA from the University of Stellenbosch .

Prior to joining Sekoko in January 2007, Matthee was a co-owner, CFO and executive of Khusela Women Investments, as well as a nonexecutive director of Firestone Energy.

Edited by: Mariaan Webb

FSE must have found lots of money to pay these two extra bodies? and where does Knoxy fit in now?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.