NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

mining, page-27

1. 7,746 Posts.
    The real positive is the escrowed shares IMO.

For arguments sake, NKP lose either one or both farms. Since the shares are payment for the farms, they will either be sold into the market (to raise funds) or more likely cancelled.

In addition, NKP must have some claim against Genorah. So possible compensition. Not sure on its finacial position/ability to pay compensation or how corporate law and bankruptcy works in SA. Might not see a cent?

But I certainly think NKP are in for a period of uncertainty.

They still have Xstrata. Will they or wont they.
    These two farms
    Possible appeals
    Possible action against Genorah
    Anglo claims
    Counter claims
    etc

Hard to bed down BFS when your assets can potentially change overnight. Let only getting finance.

IMO a good outcome is for Xstrata to walk. That leaves only Anglo. They are keen on the assets. Instead of bitter, long court case, just become partners.

With these two farms, I can still see many ways out for NKP. The community just wants ownership / $$$. Im sure NKP/Genorah can come to agreeable terms, cutting them in on the action. DMR certainly have nothing against awarding the rights to NKP.

The ownership of land is debateable, but easier just to pay them out anyway IMO. A bit of dilution, say 5%, is better than losing the lot.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.