re: this is really interesting/misleading gold fig There are two...

1. 1,816 Posts.
    re: this is really interesting/misleading gold fig There are two points worth noting:

1. AUD's appreciation offseting any rise in the USD POG.

My views on this are that in the initial stages of a bull market, there's always great scepticism. Gold's had to work very hard to get to where it is now... and the fall in the USD has been close to POG's rise.

I don't expect this relationship to be 1:1 as gold's bull market matures. Gold is likely to disengage at some point in the next 12 months, and follow its own part. Once this happens, POG in USD will be rising, and POG in AUD will also be rising at a significant pace. I expect POG's rise to offset the AUD's rise by a very significant margin in future.

2. To describe the gold market with the boom in tech stocks is ludicrous.

Many junior gold stocks are still trading at less then 5x free cash flows. Gold's been in a 20 year bear market that led to a fall from above $800/oz to $250/oz. Since the start of the bull market, gold's risen from $250/oz to $350/oz....wooppeeeee!!

Does that sound like a buble to you...considering its fall from over $800 twenty years ago??

It seems some people sorely lack perspective and logic.

Gold's one of the most deflated asset classes in the world... a 40% rally over 2 years hardly corrects the excesses of a 20 year bear market.

Wake up you fools...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.