CER 0.00% 32.0¢ centro retail group

misleading info in afr on centro

1. 5,714 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1762

Below is correspondence between myself and the associate editor of the AFR who wrote an article which I didnt believe contained accurate information.

I decided to take matters into my own hands when they fraudulently mentioned that Centro was one of a few corporate collapses last year along with Allco, Babcock and ABC

Last time I looked Centro was still listed on the ASX and not in administration or receivership

I urge anyone to be on the lookout for any inaccurate information reported on Centro and contact the writer and/or Centro directly.

We as part owners of Centro need to take action as it seems management is unable or willing to.

Enough is enough

Hi Annabel

I represent the company as a shareholder only.

The information as you understand may be misconstrued by your readers.

Please consider reporting the correct status of the company's operations.

Kind regards,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent: Tuesday, 4 August 2009 2:14 PM
    To:
    Subject: RE: Centro Properties - Misleading information in AFR

Sorry

I asked that question only on the assumption that you represented Centro. Is it the case you represent the company?

Could you please indicate ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent: Tuesday, 4 August 2009 2:13 PM
    To: Annabel Hepworth
    Cc: Investor Services
    Subject: FW: Centro Properties - Misleading information in AFR

Hi Annabel

Yes please as Centro Properties has not collapsed.

Kind regards,

Sent: Tuesday, 4 August 2009 2:09 PM
    To:
    Subject: RE: Centro Properties - Misleading information in AFR

Hi xxxxx

Could you let us know please if you are seeking a correction on this, or not.

Regards

Annabel

Sent: Tuesday, 4 August 2009 2:04 PM
    To: Annabel Hepworth; Terry Harris
    Cc: AFR Afrnewsdesk; Investor Services
    Subject: Centro Properties - Misleading information in AFR

Annabel and Tony,

The last time I looked Centro Properties and its affiliate Centro Retail Trust were still trading on the ASX and have not collapsed.

To put these entities in the same basket as Allco, Babcock and Brown and ABC is deceptive and misleading to the highest order.

I suggest you get your facts right before publishing your articles.

Regards,

http://www.afr.com/home/login.aspx?ATL://20090804000031410099§ion=News

The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) yesterday warned that the economic downturn was likely to trigger another round of corporate collapses, and that many companies' risked trading-related breaches of the Corporations Act. The chairperson of the Auditing and Assurance Standards Board, Merran Kelsall warned that auditors would face increased scrutiny after a string of recent corporate collapses including Allco Finance Group, Centro Properties Group, ABC Learning Centres and Babcock & Brown. Page 1.

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssFinancialServicesAndRealEstateNews/idUSSYD51295820090803

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CER (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.