CER 0.00% 32.0¢ centro retail group

Blastoff, I disagree:I also contacted the journalist in...

1. 956 Posts.
    Blastoff, I disagree:

I also contacted the journalist in question:

"I refer to your recent article concerning the collapse of Centro Properties:

"The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) yesterday warned that the economic downturn was likely to trigger another round of corporate collapses, and that many companies' risked trading-related breaches of the Corporations Act. The chairperson of the Auditing and Assurance Standards Board, Merran Kelsall warned that auditors would face increased scrutiny after a string of recent corporate collapses including Allco Finance Group, Centro Properties Group, ABC Learning Centres and Babcock & Brown."

As a shareholder in a Centro Property Group Company I am concerned that you have printed this outrightly deceptive information, and I point out that Centro HAS NOT collapsed, nor is it facing collapse.

Your statement further implies that Merran Kelsall originated the information.

Please advise your source of this information and your intention to rectify the misleading section of the article.

I do not represent the company in an official capacity, I am a shareholder, and I am greatly concerned that articles of this nature may have substantial detrimental effect on the value of the shareholders investments.

It would be appropriate for AFR to actually do some research on this company and to post a truthful article.

My mistake - (as opposed to Defabsters email) - included the fact that I was "only" a shareholder.

I was ignored, Defabster was not.

Additionally I emailed IS and asked what action they intended.

That too, has been ignored.

In considering the replies from AFR to Defabster (but not to me) I have been considering the possibility that Centro Properties actually might have cause to approve of the AFR article for reasons of their own.

Stu

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CER (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.