AUQ 0.00% 5.2¢ alara resources limited

miss you delta, page-14

1. 19,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3682
    Yes, there is quite a bit on making charts with excel on the web, and on You Tube as well.

However, there is nothing specifically on that chart above.

It is based on a 'plug in' for some software packages, by Davis Weis called the Weis Wave, and while it is not exactly the same, it is similar in the way it works.

I didn't know anything about excel a few years ago, and just started mucking around with some basic charts, calculations & learning the ropes.

and each chart project became a little more complex along the way.

To give you a brief idea, that chart is actually three charts on top of one another & locked into place.
    The first is the bars, with a solid background & the price scale, lines etc.
    The second is the Wave line, with a transparent background.
    & the Third is the volume numbers, also with a transparent background.
    So it all looks like one chart, when put together.

I learned everything needed from the web, you tube & from Bonehead1000 (Hot Copper, he gave me some tips & suggestions along the way), although I did get one piece of VBA code written for me (cost US$40). I knew exactly what I needed, but I ran out of talent, lol.

If you want to give it a go, work your way up to it (unless you are already quite familiar with excel), trying to make that type of chart from scratch, with out much knowledge, will do your head in.

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUQ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.