BKT 1.89% 5.4¢ black rock mining limited

Missing piece of the puzzle

1. 362 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 51
    Most here know the story well and know my views so after reading some posts regarding the derisked or otherwise nature of the project I thought I might add a little more to the clues.

As someone recently alluded it's not about this project or that project based on announcements on grade and tonnage discovery. It's about which projects will actually come to fruition. You need to understand why Posco took an equity stake. If you wanted to create the perfect commodity hedge then such a stake is how to do it. Once Posco are confident the product specs work then this project versus that project becomes irrelevant. Think about how the hedge works. Posco via their equity position will always be receiving product at a discount to the open market via the subsidies provided by dividends and the equity position appreciation (and I gather Posco are confident that this stock goes to at least $2) . And who ensures that this all happens - well Posco of course simply by being Posco in the battery space. It's a very clever and often overlooked strategy for reducing input costs for ones day to day business.

So if some are looking for some more confidence as to whether this project is going ahead it might be worth thinking about it from a slightly less traditional optic.

Good luck

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BKT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.4¢
Change
0.001(1.89%)
Mkt cap ! $66.32M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.3¢ 5.4¢ 5.3¢ $89.50K 1.686M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 216773 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.4¢ 128846 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.02am 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BKT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.