NXS 5.17% 27.5¢ next science limited

I offer this perspective not to be critical but to help with...

1. 24 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    I offer this perspective not to be critical but to help with your investment decisions. Perhaps NXS shouldn't be compared with Cochlear?

The Cochlear Implant is an implanted device that irrevocably changes and bypasses normal hearing, enabling many children and adults to hear for the first time and dramatically increase their social connections and career opportunities. It's a life changing device that is permanently implanted and as such required rigorous clinical trials and safety testing before approval and sale.

Currently, NXS's products use a combination of traditional organic acids and standard disinfectants to topically treat/disinfect wounds and biofilm infections. Many other companies make similar claims about biofilm efficacy and have established sales teams, global distribution and KOL advocates. The regulatory pathway for NXS has been to demonstrate that their products are safe and are a 'substantial equivalent' to other products, i.e. the approval is granted on the basis that the solution isn't so novel that it requires verification though new clinical trials, it's close enough to other biofilm/disinfectant claim products.

Their products that have been approved and promoted in the world's biggest healthcare market for a couple of years but seemingly sales aren't growing at the exponential rate that has been claimed despite a very significant marketing and sales investment, including a dedicated sales team trained to take the NXS story directly to customers. The original published research on the concepts behind NXS dates back over ten years. I don't remember the exact figure but I think it's taken $90M of Lang Walker's money to get to this point and they still need sales to turn around dramatically if they're to avoid needing another capital raising after their $35M IPO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NXS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
27.5¢
Change
-0.015(5.17%)
Mkt cap ! $80.21M
Open High Low Value Volume
28.5¢ 28.5¢ 26.0¢ $30.57K 112.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 19549 25.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
27.5¢ 9999 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NXS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.