SDA 0.00% 79.0¢ speedcast international limited

We know Mitsubishi bought a majority stake in Speedcast and then...

1. 2,053 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    We know Mitsubishi bought a majority stake in Speedcast and then transfered it to UBS for safe keeping. They also allowed UBS to loan the shares to shortsellers. Why, perhaps to allow them to buy more when shortsellers push the price down.
    Mitsubishi make satelites and tracking stations and are a major supplier to Speedcast.

What is their interest, maybe they realise the integrated systems that Speedcast hold is worth a lot more money to someone like Amazon who is in partner status with Speedcast and is launching thousands of communication satellites worldwide. Who will Amazon use to do the communications? Speedcast obviously being a partner.

Amazon will launch thousands of satellites to provide internet around the world 3,236 satellites will provide internet from low Earth orbit. By Jon Porter@JonPorty Apr 4, 2019

This new business from Amazon represents a ‘$100 billion opportunity,’ Morgan Stanley says

Speedcast Achieves Amazon Web Services Partner Status By Annamarie Nyirady | June 26, 2019

Amazon is joining the list of companies planning a constellation of thousands of satellites for broadband internet connectivity.The internet shopping giant has asked international spectrum regulators to provide spectrum rights for a constellation of 3,236 satellites. Amazon hasn’t disclosed who would build the satellites or when they would be launched.
    ( There is a good chance Amazon are talking to Mitsubishi (hence Mitsubishi gearing up a new plant, as Musk is using someone else.)

Mitsubishi probably jumped on Speedcast knowing that Amazon are talking to them about Satelites manufacture and have been told Speedcast will manage the communications with integrated systems that are already in place.

I take an interest is some things and this only popped into my head the last few days. Im sure there is a lot of long term holders who can reflect on some of these ideas i have? Does this make any sense?

I dont know if the shareprice is going up or down in near future but i do think long term it will be safe. There is just too much value here that can be tapped for a trillion dollar industy over the next decade.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.