LPI 0.00% 56.5¢ lithium power international limited

Mitsubishi UFJ becomes 5% shareholder in LPI, page-88

1. 108 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 133
    The narrative I'm accusing you of concocting has nothing to do with all the positives of the Maricunga project, which I'm already fully aware of as any LPI shareholder should be, so no need to go listing them all. It's the fact you are never willing to address any of the negatives and instead choose to stick your head in the sand and belittle anyone who chooses not to ignore them. I provided links showing parliamentarians attempting to bring a bill to the lower house in regards to the nationalisation and expropriation of lithium projects across the country. This wasn't put forward by radical leftists of the general public, but government officials, people who have a very real say in the direction of the country and its legislation. If that doesn't even slightly concern you, then I don't know what to say, but its certainly not a narrative I'm trying to push, just facts with supporting evidence.

While I think it would be economic suicide to introduce nationalisation and that no future government will actually pursue it, there's plenty of other methods that can be implemented that achieve similar results, for example, the set of rules currently in place surrounding lithium exploitation. These current rules aren't crazy improbable, are they? They're very real, as of right now. I really don't understand how you can think its crazy for me to consider the possibility that a future government may impede our ability to operate in the future given the current legislation that's already in place.

I have made it very clear multiple times that I believe the current government will act favourably towards us given everything they have been saying and pushing publicly. This is why I see establishing a partnership with Codelco during this current governments tenure as invaluable. Not only will we be able to do so on favourable terms, but it will offer us protection from any future unknowns, protection that we would not have if we choose to advance the project on our own.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.