LPI 0.00% 56.5¢ lithium power international limited

I dont post or monitor HC often these days as I am way too busy...

1. 2,574 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1674
    I dont post or monitor HC often these days as I am way too busy but I will address your 'accusations' about my behaviour - 'ignoring negatives and putting my head in the sand'.  In terms of some Parliamentarians attempting to bring a Bill to the Lower House.  So what?  Lets get some perspective here.  That happens all around the world where politicians need to be seen to be representing the interests of those that helped get them elected in the first place - activist and small interest groups. You mention Government officials?  Well in this case, they are most probably brokering on behalf of activists and small interest groups. It is no different here in Australia where far right and the far left fringe groups are represented by individuals who put forward policy proposals or Private Members Bills that go nowhere because they dont reflect the policy platforms of the major parties.  Fred Nile in the NSW State Parliament had some doozies as have the Greens and One Nation at a Federal level. 

Does it concern me?  NO.  Because if you understand globalisation and what Chile is tied to in regard to it membership of the OECD, WTO, APEC, most recently the Transpacific Partnership and a host of Free Trade agreements and other international treaties, it cannot nationalise industries without suffering DIRE economic sanctions.  It would be ostracised from the international community and in effect be committing economic suicide.  AND the major parties in Chile know that. There is as much chance of an asteroid hitting Maricunga as Chile nationalising its resource sector industries.

Regarding 'the rules currently in place surrounding lithium exploration' - the current Government wants to amend them to attract greater foreign investment.  AND LPI/MSB dont seem to be having a great deal of trouble pushing the Maricunga project forward under the current regulatory regime.  No different to a major project in Australia - however, I dont think LPI/MSB are having as much trouble as Adani is in trying to get its Carmichael mine up and running in Queensland.  Once again, you need to provide some 'real perspective' - I would refer you to the 9 July ASX announcement about the resolution of legal proceedings and from reading it, I cannot see why there would be any concerns.  It is unambiguous.  If you are concerned about what a future Government might do - how long is a piece of string.  Get a grip.  LPI /MSB is dealing with what it has in front of it NOW and what it knows NOW.  AND is doing a bloody good job of advancing the Maricunga project.  Dont forget that the entities which will help fund the Maricunga project wont be Australian, they could be Asian or European or ?  I also dont think you would have highly credible international institutions becoming SUBSTANTIAL shareholders of LPI if they considered the sovereign risk was too great.

I am very relaxed and comfortable about where matters are heading with LPI in Chile and that is why I have been accuumulating over the last several months and will continue to do so in 2019.

Patience and sanity required.  Onwards and upwards.  Bloody good times ahead.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.