NHC 1.08% $4.68 new hope corporation limited

Mitsubishi, page-30

1. 5,613 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 538
    Firstly the sales volumes, excluding the 93.4 million, are in parcels of 1885 shares so this is hardly large holders getting out or in at this time. This appears to be retail shareholders taking flight. MUFG just bought a US$700million investment in GRAB in Singapore. That was a day ago and I am not surprised they would be selling assets to balance this as its a Unicorn investment. The rest of the panic is probably all of us rethinking that coal especially thermal must be dead right now. I think that II is probably correct $1.80 on the bear case.

Then you have Japan - No to Nuclear and looking to build more coal power stations.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/03/climate/japan-coal-fukushima.html

The real issue is the coal price which reacts as much to sentiment and coal price which in turn is also reacting to supply and demand. So the coal price is very low but at the same time the Aussie Dollar has been going lower as well so that has, in fact, cushioned the AUD coal price. It's not a great market and has changed quite quickly but at the same time, very high coal prices create more substitution so its a process of change.

Do In think I will own this stock in 10 years -probably/ maybe. I may be around at 2050 but I don't think I would be owning it then. So like every mining stock its a depreciating asset. The mining house keeps increasing their life by exploring. Take away exploration and they drop a lot more cash flow into the bank. You will get far more than $1.60 (my opinion) even if the world started to transition now - which it cannot.

So if you are scared - yes dividends may be cut... even then over the next decade, you should get a good return...Those that don't like risk will probably be investing in SOL and having a reduced indirect exposure...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.68
Change
0.050(1.08%)
Mkt cap ! $3.956B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.64 $4.69 $4.63 $6.977M 1.493M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 27667 $4.67

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.68 5449 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$4.68
  Change
0.050 ( 1.16 %)
Open High Low Volume
$4.64 $4.68 $4.64 441282
Last updated 15.59pm 10/05/2024 ?
NHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.