ESG 0.00% 86.5¢ eastern star gas limited

mitsui /wcl tieup -what means for bow,esg,mpo?, page-6

1. 4,296 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 363
    A desperate and willing seller will always get less and this occurs across the entire spectrum of asset classifications.

Will the value of your property go down in the medium term because your neighbour is a crack addict and has a chronic gambling problem such that the bank sold him up to recoup its loan?

Good valuers ignore abnormalities such as this and the marketplace simply puts the transaction down to "lucky individual to score such a good deal...pity about the bloke who had to sell".

Or what about the property that is "priced" to reflect an advantage of parents "gifting" their child a massive advantage? Does this too set a new benchmark?

I certainly know in real estate you ignore such situations as not been reflective of "true value".

DB76...I like your form...you lob a grenade into the crowd and keep walking! No real explanation or thought into the matter...yet, at face value, it will scare the pants of soemeone who isn't totally across the issue.

Come on...do you really think an entire industry of many, many billions of dollars will be spooked by a lousy sub $30m deal of a minority share in a project where another company is firmly at the reins of operatorship AND where the vendor was desperate to get out and had in fact "emotionally" checked out many months ago?

Report the REAL FACTS and not simply "imply" by association or relationship.

In real estate terminology, somebody selling a 25% share in a ramshackle unit in the worst property in the street ain't likely to rock the value of the other properties on the other side of the road which overlook the ocean!

Final Comment: Any valuer worth his salt will ignore valuations at both extremes and will look at the "mean value" when attempting to put a figure on an asset value.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.