QAN 0.99% $6.15 qantas airways limited

Sorry Peachy, I get a but unreliable by Friday.Right now I'm...

1. 3,694 Posts.
    Sorry Peachy, I get a but unreliable by Friday.

Right now I'm about to toss a coin: heads it's golf, tails it's sticking my head in the tumble dryer. I'm kinda hoping for tails.

However since this is a serious casin...., sorry, stockmarket site, I'd better contribute something in this post about the big flying gizmo's.

Herewith a commentary from Amro warrants desk this morning on their view of QAN

Tidbits

QAN: Got a bit overexcited by this one y’day. Initially it looked like it was going to go on with it, but then JP Morgan took over where UBS left of on Tuesday and flogged close to 4.5mn! One big, bloody sell order. Logically, you can conclude it was another foreign seller exiting the market. Morning press throwing around an oldie but a goodie (Singa maybe flying to US. Bad for QAN yadda yadda yadda). Wouldn’t read too much into it if I was you as at this stage, since it is all hypothetical at this stage. The story is not a new one: it simply has more legs now that a Free Trade Agreement maybe signed between Singapore and Oz. Rehashing something we (as regular readers can attest to) have run with the past two weeks. We strongly argue that the foreign s’holder cap has been an impediment to performance of QAN over the past week or three. What could make it kick? All those foreign sellers (albeit hedgies or fundies) could in all likelihood buy back in when(if) the next foreign shareholder limit is released. Why buy it based on fundamentals? (I) It has an incredibly strong divvie with an amazing yield (relative to its peers in the region). (II) It has Cash in Bank of around two bill. (III) Almost all domestic sellside instos have overweight calls on the stock. In short, if fundies need to buy an airline stock in the Asia-Pac region, they would buy QAN. If you’re not long, you hate money.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.15
Change
0.060(0.99%)
Mkt cap ! $10.02B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.10 $6.17 $6.06 $26.18M 4.269M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 33464 $6.14

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.15 10899 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.