MJP 0.00% 0.8¢ martin aircraft company limited

MJP - 40km/h

1. 50 Posts.
    I have just come back from a short trip to the countryside and in a quiet area purposely slowed the car to a 40km/h crawl, sticking my head out the window and pretending that I am strapped into a jetpack. I also paid attention to how far 7.5 kilometres really is and how long it would take me to reach an incident scene at the given (air)speed. I had no problems with controlling my excitement.

My speculation is that the new UK built engine might be responsible for this situation. Rather than it becoming part of an existing jetpack, it seems like a re-designed jetpack will have to be built around the new rotary engine. MJP has just stated that a 'weight saving team' has been established responsible for achieving weight saving measures. According to the following table, the final design process for the first responder jetpack should have been finished by Q4 2015 and production started in Q1 2016. The first jetpack should be delivered by the end of next month (Q 2016). All this just does not align with reality and with their website published statement that "they are keeping their promises":

MJP.JPG

My sincerest hope now is that Kuang-Chi (and all other investors) will start to get extremely worried. MJP's cornerstone investor has deposited in excess of 50 million dollars into MJP's account and is now being faced with the real possibility of having to either invest even more, or having to seek additional finance from someone else. They might even share my worries that 2 years after the IPO, literally all production targets have been compromised and the promised first delivery date now being shifted to early 2017, whatever the definition for this date might mean for them. Kuang-Chi is based in Shenzhen and they have access to an enormous pool of material and intellectual resources. If I were them, I would consider all options, including where this stock is listed.

And regarding MJP's first commercial customer, the Dubai Civil Defence (DCD). One would assume that they placed their order, based on the original performance specifications of the Martin Jetpack. I hope that MJP will continue to communicate any news that could have a material impact on their share price, including any order cancellations.
    Last edited by Jackio8: 06/08/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MJP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.