MJP 0.00% 0.8¢ martin aircraft company limited

I confess that that was a quote from Peter Lynch on picking good...

1. 2,526 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2536
    I confess that that was a quote from Peter Lynch on picking good companies to invest in, so does not apply in every field.  (If you are doing substantially better than that on the investing front then good luck to you!)  But I was really talking about making difficult strategic decisions as a manager and business leader.  Not all decisions fall into that category of course.  Probably 95% of decision options do not, so getting most of them right is very much more appropriate.  But startups like this one will always have more than their fair share of difficult choices to be made at the start!  Compromise is often the art of steering between all of the evils on offer and surviving intact.

The problem with criticism is that it is often simply destructive.  This is because for those who are not fully aware of all the circumstances involved their own emotive suspicions loom just as large as realities.  Obstacles don't seem to be as problematic when one is not required to deal with them except in ones imagination. They are easy to down play, while genuine opportunities appear to be far more easily seized upon. As a result, the problems appear to be insurmountable, while the positive outcomes are never good enough, and those who are paid to deal with both always appear to be incompetent.

Some investors in MJP seem to be more confident that it is on track according to its own agenda, while others constantly proclaim that the sky is about to fall.  

If nothing looks good to you in MJP's slow but steady progress may I politely suggest that there is nothing to prevent you from following your own "Sell" sentiment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MJP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.