MJP 0.00% 0.8¢ martin aircraft company limited

MJP - Website Claims, page-5

1. 11 Posts.
    The really bad thing is that the company has had information showing that the aircraft would not reliably fly at the stated speed. The information is all within that PhD I posted a while back by Dr Michael Speck (mjp would have had this information over 2.5 years ago). As you get to high speed there are problems with the aerodynamics resulting in the control requirement essentially being reversed; this would mean that, if you ventured too close to the theoretical top speed, a gust could put you in an unrecoverable scenario.

Add on top of that the fact that the cg in both vertical and forward/aft direction is not going to be perfectly aligned resulting in loss of some of the control authority to correct this along with a lower speed where the changeover occurs

Another interesting thing to note is: the aircraft prior to 2010+-1 year was only capable of a top speed of around 10kph whilst the website was giving information to indicate a top speed of 100+kph (there was some comment about the US ultralight top speed regulation - it did not say that the aircraft would be capable of this but implied it). This incredibly low speed was the result of a basic misunderstanding of the aircraft's aerodynamics, when corrected, the aircraft's speed increased to an actual tested speed of over 50kph.

As I said a few months ago: read the PhD, it certainly stopped me from investing. The best piece of advice I received for investing in tech start ups was to invest in the tech with understanding, don't invest in the marketing/hype (as it seems a lot of people have). Even before the spec change the numbers didn't add up.

Anyways, as before, feel free to ignore. I just check in every few months to see whether I've overlooked something and they are actually going to production (would make me super happy as... Jetpacks)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MJP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.