MLS 10.0% 2.2¢ metals australia ltd

What are your thoughts on the expected upcoming rate rise in the...

1. 308 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 212
    What are your thoughts on the expected upcoming rate rise in the US? inflation is still rising despite sharp rate increases, expecting between .75-1% rise next week, and I don’t think the market is priced in.

look at the Dow and the pattern over recent months has been sharp decline after rate rise then steady climb. I think this will be no different. And I don’t think that the impact of sharp rate rises has been realised yet, realistically we are still staring down the barrel of a half dozen more raises until target inflation can be acheived.

we will naturally shadow US markets and then reciprocally we will likely see a .5% rise in a early august here, so I think we’re looking at best case some sideways trading across the market writ large, but more likely I think we’re looking at a 5-7% pull back over next 2 weeks.

if this occurs I think small caps will get hit worse then the wider market, so may be a 10+% pull back amongst speculative stocks and we’ll likely see ourselves back near 4.5c ish. however I would expect we’ll resume a steady climb again once the shock of rate rises passes. I can’t see this cycle breaking unless substantial news catalyst occurs or the market/economic steadies which I think is 12-24months away.

long term I’m very bullish on MLS. I have a portion I’m holding long term in the bottom draw, but I plan to actively trade in the meantime, i sold a parcel today with intent to get back in around 4.4-4.7. I could well be wrong, but a man never went broke taking profit.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.2¢
Change
0.002(10.0%)
Mkt cap ! $15.56M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.1¢ 2.2¢ 2.0¢ $16.39K 782.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 777403 2.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.2¢ 639724 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.13pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
2.1¢
  Change
0.002 ( 5.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
2.1¢ 2.2¢ 2.1¢ 240596
Last updated 15.54pm 03/05/2024 ?
MLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.