MLX 0.00% 37.0¢ metals x limited

Hi doublee ,I have to disagree on the timeframes for the nickel...

1. 7,163 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Hi doublee ,I have to disagree on the timeframes for the nickel .Southern Cross Equities research paper ,believe production could begin in 2012.Jinchuan is Chinas largest Nickel producer and they have just put in a heap of cash along with technical backing and installing one of their own as a director .The first part of the feasibility study will be completed in the middle of this year .A more detailed feasibility will be completed by mid 2009.
    This is a huge deposit with $70 bn worth of metal in the ground and low mining costs .MLX stimates to build this are about 1.7 bn . SCE are more conservative at $2Bn .The infrastructure requirments are massive but the returns will be equally massive . Quite simply there is huge room for error with a project such as this ,and Jinchuan know it .The scoping study points to a 40,000 t per annum operation .At $30,000 per tonne ,this would generate $1.2 bn pa before cobalt .When you have a deposit with the potential cashflow of this magnitude , and the backing of Chinas largest Nickel producer ,t will not be left on the back burner for 10 years It could literally pay for itself in a couple of years . I also believe the Tin upside is in the short term ...the very short term ,and tin is the only metal that is bucking the trend against all odds .Tin is on a very solid uptrend .
    MLX is in a nice uptrend ,having broken out of its downtrend recently seems to be showing good strength on bad days .The fact that Tin mining is so close now the odds of MLX contiuing this uptrend remain very high .When up to speed I think we can expect profits of around $80m pa .I may give them a call at some stage myself .Keep us informed if you get a chance to have a chat with them yourself .
    Your post is much appreciated ,even though your view on the nickel project arent as positive as mine , as this one deserves more discussion ,whether positive or negative .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
37.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $335.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
37.0¢ 37.5¢ 36.5¢ $472.2K 1.282M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 187752 36.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
37.0¢ 20316 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.