AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

just putting it out there, that there is one historical example...

1. 743 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 235
    just putting it out there, that there is one historical example of a disputed mining project in the DRC being resolved by way of the two opposing parties eventually coming to an agreement before being settled by a decision of an international tribunal...

I have no interest in AVZ my issues lie with the two other African stocks I own that are in their own arbitration sagas that are still awaiting resolution...

FQM spent over $500M developing the Kolowezi project as well as Frontier Copper Project, the tenements were taken off them and sold to ENRC by government parties and associates such as Dan Gertler who's name happens to be inferred in some correspondence regarding AVZ, which FQM disputed and took to international arbitration. But before it was settled at arbitration the two companies came to their senses and sorted out a path way forward to move on. ENRC settled with payments totaling $1.25b to FQML and took over the development of these projects. FQML spent monies on their project in Panama that is also undergoing its own little drama at the moment...

Disquiet over ENRC’s purchase of Congo assets (ft.com)
    First Quantum in legal action against ENRC (ft.com)
    ENRC steps up defence of Congo deal (ft.com)

Last edited by littleblackduck: 02/11/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.