MND 2.78% $12.59 monadelphous group limited

Global markets are currently in a nerves induced funk (though...

1. 4,290 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 467
    Global markets are currently in a nerves induced funk (though not universally cheap - by any means). We are all looking over our shoulder at the last mining crash, and nervously looking forward in anticipation of the next GFC.

In Australia, we are also anxiously holding our breath with respect to the property downturn. Rightly so, I would say.

That said, global economies continue to motor along, and global leading economic indicators (see The Conference Board: https://www.conference-board.org/data/ ) continue to move in the right direction, by enlarge. What's more, global interest rates continue to remain benign.

No one knows what unknowns lurk, and no one can predict the future. What's more, Australia's prospects remain an open question. That said, it seams to me that the most probable scenario, with respect to global markets, is that economic realities will mean that negativity will eventually, probably soon, be replaced by optimism.

But, whatever markets do, one thing seems almost certain, for the medium term at least, those that supply the needs of the global economy will continue to prosper, and those that help develop their picks & shovels will too.
    Last edited by MarsC: 29/11/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MND (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.