AUL 0.00% 28.5¢ austar gold limited

mnm other techs?, page-61

1. 2,403 Posts.
    Definitely more to come on that front BR.

At the moment, the only references to the S7 allocation process we've seen is on page 19 of 28-page non-market sensitive AGM resolution announcement and some chatter at the AGM where only a few shareholders were present.

So I think it's safe to say the market is quite uninformed of these plans, obviously noting that they may not proceed at all, depending on the requirements of the tender process.

I think if Mantle do decide to put in, then we'll have to see alot more information released about their intentions.

The Vic Government has made it clear that any new allocations will be about low-emissions uses of brown coal. So if Mantle decide to put it then presumably it will be on the basis of an agreement(s) with a tech company. And surely the market will be informed of the progress of any discussions with tech companies. I've seen gasification thrown around as possible area of interest. See here for a brief decription of possible uses

I think once Mantle reveals the extent (or outcomes; or even the fact they are having them) of these discussions, coupled with its intent to apply for an S7 allocation - we'll start to see some interest return.

I just keep coming back to the $10m facility. $10m. IMO that's more than IK had intended to spend on drilling our various projects over the 3 year period, so I think perhaps he has something else in mind.

I'm also of the view that we probably won't be informed about whether Exergen have made it passed the EOI stage of the ALDP, unless Exergen themselves decide to announce it.

So we should see the Vic Government's intentions about the S7 allocation process announced in the next couple of weeks. Then it's just a matter of waiting to see if, and how, Mantle responds. I imagine there'll be some stiff competition so applicants would need to have all their ducks in a line prior to applying.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.