MNS 0.00% 4.2¢ magnis energy technologies ltd

MNS Chart, page-774

1. 534 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    I'm not sure where gum boots is sourcing his data from, nor why he is circling upthrust bars in down moves on charts, but if he using broker data for shares he is correct in his assumption that I didn't short $15'381 MNS shares today, because CFD's (which I used via IG Markets) are not shares, they are rather a form of derivative.

https://www.cmcmarkets.com/en-au/learn-cfd-trading/what-are-cfds

@cazz69  I limit total short positions to no more than 20% of my total trading positions in a bull market at any given time, preferably less. If the S &P flips to bearish I would rather invest most of my money shorting SPY than using CFD's as they are costly longer term and the fees really start to add up for any positions beyond a few weeks. And vice versa. Stay with the trend and tightly manage risk and you can't go wrong.

But some stocks just scream "short me" like MNS, SWM, CAB, and FLC...clear downtrends below their 50/100/200 MA's...making lower lows and lower highs. Interestingly if you tune into their HC forums you'll see many similarities to this forum, only the names are different. The average life of a "trader" is less then 2 years, so I imagine the MNS forum will be just as colourfully optimistic in 2 years as it is now. And if it's still in a downtrend i'll still be here shorting the rallies.
    Last edited by obladiblada01: 09/03/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.