MNS 0.00% 4.2¢ magnis energy technologies ltd

MNS processing is too risky

1. 10,912 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1748
    I can't seem to find any statement from management that end users have expressed confidence that a graphite concentrate not produced through conventional means is fit for commercial manufacturing.

That really scares me as a person who watches graphite companies.

It's pretty obvious to me that it will take 5-10 years of large scale testing before any reputable manufacturer of batteries or graphite products will accept any product that makes use of a new processing method.

The risks are just too great.

There is just no way a suitably qualified risk management professional within a large organisation would accept for manufacturing any product that isn't universally tried and true. There is no way their insurers would allow them to pick up some unidentified materials from an untried process and begin using it in commercial scale products - let alone sign up for any commercial off-takes.

A coin test or number of coin tests doesn't mean much, all you have to do is look up exploding lithium ion battery liability claims and recalls against manufacturers to find out why, in my view, nobody with a reputation is going to take on MNS' product. If it's not chemically refined then there is no certainty about the molecular structure of the graphite and the downstream effects this may have.

Good luck trying to get your eco-product into reputable batteries, seems like a risk that hasn't even been discussed on these forums and perhaps why MNS has no reputable Western off-takes.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.