ADO 8.33% 2.2¢ anteotech ltd

Mobile Phone App DX Attachment

1. 1,890 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 278
    Recent tweet from AnteoDX:
    http://www.fiercemedicaldevices.com...his&utm_source=linkedin#.Vbfc57yOCro.linkedin

This is sum crazy shizz, peeps.  From the article:

"Diagnostic assays that usually require a desktop reader that costs several thousand dollars can now be done using a 3-D-printed plate that attaches to a smartphone. Even better, the accuracy of the results achieved are comparable to standard laboratory equipment.

The device developed by researchers at the University of California at Los Angeles consists of a traditional ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay transparent) plate with 96 tiny wells that attaches to a smartphone. The device illuminates the plate with light-emitting diodes. The light projects through each well and data is collected via 96 individual plastic optical fibers.

The smartphone transmitted the resulting image to UCLA servers via a custom app. The images are analyzed using an algorithm that the researchers wrote; results are sent back for each of the 96 wells to the phone within about one minute and the app can create a visualization of the results for the user."

A bit further down in the article they talk about results.  What's interesting is none of these are for troponin:

"In their study, the academics compared the smartphone-based device results with those from standard, FDA-approved, well-plate readers in a UCLA clinical microbiology laboratory.
    They found that in 571 patient samples, the mobile device was 99.6% accurate in mumps diagnoses; 98.6% accurate in measles diagnoses; and 99.4% in diagnosing herpes simplex 1 and 2."

So I ask myself, whw would Anteo be tweeting such news?!  I've sent a message through to the Ozcan Research Group (the research for this was led by Aydogan Ozcan) to ask if M&G was involved with the development and will write through if/when I hear back.
    Last edited by bourbasted: 30/07/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.2¢
Change
-0.002(8.33%)
Mkt cap ! $52.98M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.4¢ 2.4¢ 2.2¢ $72.87K 3.199M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 543485 2.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.3¢ 690000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
2.2¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 6.38 %)
Open High Low Volume
2.3¢ 2.3¢ 2.2¢ 1170234
Last updated 15.54pm 02/05/2024 ?
ADO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.