TPM 0.00% $8.93 tpg telecom limited

Is anyone else concerned to see TPG outlaying huge amounts of...

1. 1,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    Is anyone else concerned to see TPG outlaying huge amounts of capex on building a mobile network while their subscriber numbers have steadily been declining?

If you are a mobile customer with Vodafone, you may as well switch to TPG. TPG is cheaper and use the exact same (crappy) network. However, it seems even the most price conscience mobile consumers are not willing to make the switch to TPG.

If I am making a bet to the tune of a couple of billion on mobile, I would want to start seeing a steady uplift in mobile subscriber numbers.

In theory, TPG should have a superior network to Vodafone when built with the beach front 700Mhz spectrum. However, TPG might have to make some radical changes by their standards and not bill customers in advance, or provide alternative payment options.

If you miss a payment due to insufficient funds in your bank account for whatever reason, TPG will cut your service without providing any payment options and will not reinstate services until you pay.

The prepaying and automatic billing allows TPG to keep overheads low, but this might be a case where it works against them when it comes to mobile.
    Last edited by Cyph: 24/09/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TPM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.