TPM 0.00% $8.93 tpg telecom limited

Mobile subscriber numbers., page-2

1. 2,911 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 115
    Their mobile phone aspirations bother me.
    They paid double what the other carriers paid for 700MHz.
    All carriers have some Telstra 2x20MHz Optus 2x10MHz Vodafone 2x5MHz TPG 2x10MHz
    2x10MHz will only give you 100Mbps and that's not per device that's the speed, that's for everyone sharing the spectrum within range of each other which could be 4-5 towers
    TPG do have 2x10MHz at 2600MHz as well to give them another 100Mbps.
    The shorter range will mean it might not interfere with nearby towers.
    When customers have poor signal the speeds drop considerably too for the whole tower and the user.
    Vodafone does not really need 700MHz as it already holds significant spectrum at 850MHz and 900MHz which has similar propagation properties.
    When you look at the other carriers and their spectrum holdings in 700, 850, 900, 1800, 2100, 2300, 2600 it makes TPG's holdings look absolutely pathetic. Then consider where will they put their towers?
    All the best sites are already taken. TPG can get access to those towers if there is room.. but it's normally way down the tower below Telstra, Optus, and Vodafone. With all those different frequencies supported by the other carriers, towers are looking very full already. Being low down on the tower drives up costs, as your coverage is reduced and you will need more towers to cover the same area. TPG has always been about low cost, so one assumes part of their plan is to give cheap mobile data... OVO an Optus MVNO is already offering 100GB for $100
    Due to the size of the spectrum holdings from other carriers the cost per GB is going to be far lower with the other carriers. If TPG start a Data price war it will be the incumbents that will have the upper hand.
    Vodafone and three have been financial disasters. It's time for TPG to hire an engineer not another accountant.
    Unless they merge with Vodafone I fail to see how this mobile network is actually going to work

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TPM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.