From what I can see these guys are all essentially Financial...

1. 229 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 47
    From what I can see these guys are all essentially Financial Planners that have become connected to a pool of money, through their contacts, and provide equity to speculative start ups. With these types of organisations it doesn't take a lot of digging to find a few skeletons, they are risk takers and some of them tread on the wrong side of the law and operate immorally. They make sure you take the risk and they get the reward.

I can only speculate but based on the information you have put forward somewhere in the past the 4impact group was seen as a good match for Peppermint and it was thought they would combine the two. Probably not a bad idea, there appear to be some synergies. As you can imagine a combined company would have seen a power struggle and each party would have overvalued their own contribution. So it fell over. At this stage 4impact moved away and took the SMIDGE funds off the table. Andrew John Smith is the common connection and he liked the Peppermint Story and the 4impact story but it was the combined story that he was really sold on. When the 4impact deal fell over he didn't want to cut Peppermint loose but his backers were sold on the combined story but he couldn't sell them on the Peppermint story. Casson Group liked the combined story too but they have more to lose if Peppermint falls over. If Peppermint does fall over then 4impact could potentially move in and pick up the piece left behind and have full control of a company they were once offered a share of. That is my own speculation, kind of make sense though. If you really want to know the story I wouldn't chat to any of the Financial Planners I'd speak to the guys at 4impact.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.