cheers pinot.I wouldn't go overboard and put much on Gov when it...

1. 43,191 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    cheers pinot.

I wouldn't go overboard and put much on Gov when it comes to BRS. From QandA last night, Wolohan and Michael Ware opened the discussion with the most nuanced understanding of the issue that I've yet heard/read. the BRS matter took up the first 10 minutes of the show and included whether to strip his medals and alter his War Memorial story.... most considered inclusion of the report and the story of his breaches of Rules of engagement.

I think this transparency they described is quite right.... tell the whole story so that kids learn that war is not some great adventure, but show how war ***ks with soldiers heads and results in a culture that is disrespectful of civilians and doesn't care for the lives of those they come into contact with.

it'd be great if some veterans could comment on the QandA discussion.

Communication is the key to open and transparent Gov. we saw the severe curtailing of such communication, particularly in the Morison PMship, and how it damages the security of the state, the economics for the nation (eg China's barring of important imports) and the stability of the population.

where communication is poor, the public becomes less aware due to the seeming quietude of the political arena. this allows a Gov to do appalling things and largely get away with improper activities.

its good to see the openness of the Albanese mob.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.