I guess the first thing is --------------- define 'future' my...

1. 80,818 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75

I guess the first thing is --------------- define 'future'

my guess is that one could only peer in this sort of detail down the track quite a short distance -- perhaps 5 years -------------------- in these times - trying to penetrate the mist 10 years out - to me - is impossible.

Even something as simple as picking google or apple - it's not that easy

because there's some big players not that far off the stage who may well hit it big at any stage in the future -

two that come to mind would be Hyundai and Microsoft

both of those very large companies might be right in the middle of the table in the next 5 to 10 years ------------ they might or might not marry up with apple or google - or they might run solo.

As far as seeing what sort of comms systems - I would go to new builds like nursing homes - see what's going in there - might be a pointer - perhaps hospitals

it's all going one way - but, there's going to be a lot of turnoffs along the way I suspect.

I inspected a new build in Oz before I left(aged care) and saw cables and comms everywhere ------------ what I didn't see - which surprised me - was dedicated spaces for robots ------- I expected to see some empty spaces - waiting garages as such - but, I didn't see any - perhaps there were hidden in plain sight somehow.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.