NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

modikwa

1. 4,293 Posts.
    Friday 25 April 2014 - 10:06pm

"JOHANNESBURG - Some 300 people from Maandagshoek in Limpopo marched to Patrice Motsepe’s Johannesburg office on Friday to deliver a letter of their grievances. Motsepe is the head of mining group, African Rainbow Minerals (ARM), which has operations in Maaandaghoek.

The crowd claimed there is no meaningful development in Maandagshoek and accused several officials associated with ARM of tender irregularities." continues

and further nto the article...
    "Maandgashoek is being left out in terms of meaningful development and this has to be resolved urgently,” he added.

Marchers demanded that Motsepe provide them with a copy of ARM’s supply chain policy and remove several officials accused of corruption.

“We demand the removal of---------- from office as they perpetuate the situation. We also want to Motsepe to stop prospecting process on Modikwa mine immediately because the community was not consulted on this matter,” said Moela.

Moela said should ARM fail to respond to their demands within 30 days, the community would march to the office of minerals and energy department in a bid to force the department to revoke ARM’s mining license.

“ARM is making a lot of money but they are not doing anything for the community. Its time they change their approach or they must leave our area,” he said.

When contacted for a response to today's march, ARM told eNCA.com that "the company is committed to the development and empowerment of our people, including those living in the villages neighbouring Modikwa Mine as well as within the broader Sekhukhune area." continues

http://www.enca.com/south-africa/mining-community-marches-motsepes-office

Parts sound relavant but it could be my imagination because local grievances are not unusual but locations seem closeor rather familiar names. What do make of it? wanting to revoke Modikwa mining license gets a mention and I think its only old order..perhaps that has changed?

Wonder what "prosecting process" is going on Modikwa mine?
    Its an article that shows another perspective to the general area...fancy not consulting..off to CC?

Gee they need some good news and goodwill I think.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.