MPO 0.00% 14.0¢ molopo energy limited

molopo will be seen at 50 cents, page-12

1. 8,482 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 242
    Cortis,
    When you state "These consolidations should be put to the shareholders well ahead of an AGM - not just suddenly announced and forced down our throats on the day in a last minute voting excercise at a meeting most of us can't get to. Proxies - yes - but how many shareholders bother!! ....I have long thought that ASIC should have a good look at the rules and regulations pertaining to these sudden share consolidations!!," I am a little confused.
    As you have stated, the meeting is 4 weeks away, so there is plenty of time to consider your position. They have provided their explanation for putting forward their resolution in the documentation sent to us. But I feel that they need to be armed with "good news" to support the view that the company is evolving.
    Secondly, shareholders should make every effort to attend AGMs if they can because it is at those kind of meetings when shareholders get the right to ask their directors any questions that they might have. It is a meeting for shareholders to have their say.
    If shareholders are unable to be there on the day, they should nominate someone (a friend or their broker) as their proxy to attend. If they cannot find someone to go in their place then but have questions to ask of the directors, they should forward them in writing to the company secretary beforehand including a request for the question to be addressed at the meeting.
    As you will be on holiday, perhaps you should consider nominating a proxy.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MPO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.