MPO 0.00% 14.0¢ molopo energy limited

molopo will be seen at 50 cents, page-16

1. 1,673 Posts.
    Noellyn -

You are mssing the point absolutely!

whilst I don't feel obliged to reveal my exact departure date, I will still be around as of November 8th.

My one vote is not going to shake the foundations!!

Speaking in general terms with regard to consolidations, and in no way referring to MPO in particular:-

In my opinion consolidations should have to go through stricter preparatory and announcement processes, with holders given fuller details of the whys and wherefores of the reasons for it, rather than the prospect of such a happening being tacked on as a suprise agenda item in an AGM announcement four weeks out, at which stage the shareholders cannot do much in the way of meaningful resistance.
    Then, if stockholders don't like what they are hearing, they will be impelled to get off their backsides and have the time to get real about their vote, proxy or otherwise, with effect!

I understand that these reasons will no doubt be forthcoming in more detail AT the MPO AGM, but by then the die is cast!
    How many shareholders DO get to these meetings!! Do you expect everyone to jump on planes and come in from Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide, or wherever?? Even those in Melbourne may not be able to attend, for various personal reasons.

I repeat my earlier comment -

"foolish investors believe a company share valued at 75 cents is worth more than a company share valued at 15 cents ... even though their holdings have dropped by five times ... just human nature!!"

I have lost serious money in the three instances where my share holdings have been consolidated. One then has to ask - is this to the advantage of current shareholders? In each case I was involved in, the value of the holding never ever recovered beyond previous value, but drifted down, and stayed down for a long period.. I am not saying that this will be the case in this particular instance. MPO is an excellent company, to the best of my belief. But where is the advantage?

I urge people to consider an organised effort to vote down this proposal.

But some will say - what can a small shareholder do??

And the proxy form will stay in the drawer.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MPO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.