LYC 1.14% $6.22 lynas rare earths limited

molymess +/-

1. 19,584 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4970
    The ROW flagship RE company reports a delayed Q4 result tomorrow morning 7.30am, streaming off their website if anyone's interested.

When I suggest "flagship" I'm taking a US centric POV 'cause while Lynas is getting a little more attention of late (perhaps thnx to JL) it's effectively the toilet paper (pink) RE with all the hassles in Malaysia.

As most are aware Molymess was the great white hope of the Western RE sector, IPO at $14 and skilfully played to $77 and the founding venture capital cashed out at the first statutory
    opportunity at $50+.

As most would be aware Molymess is in more strife than Custer, has already flagged extended Q4 loses, a $150 claim for faulty works against a contractor, "bottlenecks" in the process as they transition from old to new plant, further delay in their critical alkali plant, rising inventory, declining sales Q on Q, realised price at $19kg Q4 with little hope for improvement anytime soon and to top it off, an ongoing SEC investigation for false reporting (probably something along the lines of what some are currently calling for from Lynas). Did I forget anything?

OK, so all that's out in the market place and Molymess is <$6, hovering over all time lows. Within the next 6 months I think Molymess will be split up with Mt Pass going to the largest SH Molymet who appear to be positioning and a Con K consortium taking Neo, the current battle over write off's is no doubt these two parties jockeying for position. Needless to say common equity is an inconsequential press release.

Given they've just raised another $300M from punters it would be rather audacious to spell out the game plan tonight but after confirming Q4 loses, further delays, significant write downs etc what do they offer the punters in the way of future projections given prices are static or lower current Q with little hope of appreciation and bearing in mind the SEC already has them in the spotlight for gilding the lily?

I guess they could attempt another layer of BS, which would HAVE to strain credibility, or maybe a "Come to Jesus" on just how damn tough the RE market is ATM. Point is, what is the net effect on the RE sector, and Lynas in particular, with the poster child in convolutions?

If Molymess's fabled "mine to magnets" integration can't make money in the RE sector can anyone?

Most RE stocks hovering over multiple year lows, poster child haemorrhaging, tomorrow is assassination day, Ides of March, and it's Friday, lol. If the SM are looking for sentiment to drive a shakeout I'd suggest the stars are aligned.

Not suggesting it's a given as often when the bad news is flagged markets are ambivalent to the reality but regardless took a considerable CFD position this arvo and got $500K parked, so let the games begin.

If not have a great w/e, go Mark Webber, lol. BTW, I'm not generally superstitious, it's just too neat to resist.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.