MCR 0.00% $1.39 mincor resources nl

Couldnt sleep last night thinking about the future of nickel in...

1. 1,539 Posts.
    Couldnt sleep last night thinking about the future of nickel in the short to medium term, and ended up boiling it down to a few fundamentals that have just furthered my conviction.
    A few facts on the demand supply cycle:
    *LME Nickel stocks have traditionally peaked between December and February each year.
    *Price is relatively inverse to the inventory cycle.
    *We are experiencing record high prices for Ni right now when in fact they should be on the decline as inventories build towards their peak.
    *We are experiencing historically low Nickel inventories right now when they should be building considerably.
    *Major disruptions occurring TO PRODUCTION, NOT SHIPMENTS, right now with Inco in Canada, Indonesia, SLN in New Caledonia.
    *Serious delays with new capacity coming onstream, Ravensthorpe and Inco.
    *Market consolidation on a global level
    *Massive "infrastructure" and stainless demand occuring driven by Sth Korea, Japan, China, India,US -not all necessarily leveraged to exports.

I read a very clever post yesterday on the future of Zinc and Nickel prices. With regard to Nickel, where US$25/lb was mentioned...I'm now thinking the direction is right. Will it be US$25 or US$20 who knows! But will it be north of where we are....YES.
    I'm really concluding that my gut feel is it will be going up over the next few months.
    On fundamentals, we should see MCR either taken over this year or somewhere around the $2.75 within 6 months based on pe alone.Remember these guys are reasonably leveraged to pon, are debt free, pay divvies, extremely profitable, huge cash balance, breaking out of being a Ni pureplay(gold, tungsten etc) and are trading on a sector-low pe.
    I may be wrong but Ive been with MCR since 16cps and I dont think we've seen the best yet.
    Retracements to come? Sure will be. But mine is a medium term view and I do think a price north of here is definitely coming for PON and MCR.
    All conjecture and just IMHO.
    Whats your views on the above????

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MCR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.