RED 0.00% 34.5¢ red 5 limited

Momentum swinging our way?, page-4

1. 748 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 187
    Frustrating. EV/oz of gold says this sucker should be around 15c level at the present PoG. I guess Red still carrying some baggage from the initial development, promised so much and delivered SFA. IMO, and I can feel a smacking from HoM coming on, early management were ignorant of many of the risks associated with this mine. You read their surprise in the reports when they discovered the horrible mess once the lake had been drained. They had no idea on how to deal with this. The list went on and on. They very foolishly squandered much of share holder capital on exploration outside of the immediate mine site. In hindsight this should have been spent dealing with the problems at the mine site as they arose.
    Present management seem to have a more prudent approach. Deal with the problems and mitigate the risks using existing cash flow. If they can get through a sustained period without any setbacks maybe the market will start forgiving Red. One thing that will help with the healing process is good production numbers. I'm thinking that post the Jan shutdown we will see a significant jump in production to nameplate. If this does not happen then even I will start to review my faith in Red. I would like to see 16,000 oz out of this quarter and at least 24,000 oz from the last quarter. Anything short of these figures will need a good explanation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RED (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.