IRL 0.00% 0.2¢ india resources limited

I've put together a few projects of interest to IRL involving...

1. 557 Posts.
    I've put together a few projects of interest to IRL involving HCL. There are others, but if we are to see some good news come from the HCL relationship, it is probably going to come from one of these in the medium term. It's been compiled from various non copyrighted sites.

Kendidah (Tender withdrawn but hopefully to be re-invigorated)

Kendadih Mine has been operated for some years as a small and shallow mine. The narrow, high grade of ore body has sufficient reserves to support a modest expansion to a medium size mine producing about 270,000 tonnes copper ore per annum (900 tonne per day). The assessment of copper ore resources for the Kendadih Block representing that mineralisation about 2.25 km in a strike length down to approximately 400 Mtr below the surface (-300 Mtr from MSL) and including the mine developed area of the Kendadih mine. An in-situ geological ore reserve is 17.83 MT at 1.24% Cu.

The Masobani concentrator is fed by ore from Surda and supplemented extensively by overseas ore. Given the close proximity of Kendidah to Masobani, you would expect HCL to look at opening this up sooner rather than later. IRL would be keen for this as an established proximal operator.

Surda Mine (IRL’s Operation)

. Present production level is about 900 T per day which is likely to be enhanced upto 1700 per day. The geological ore reserve is 26.04 MT @ 1.20% of Cu. (Surda Phase –I) and additional ore reserve of 11.20 MT @ 0.96% of Cu is defined in Surda phase – II. The total ore reserve of Surda phase – I & II comes 37.24 MT @ 1.13% of Cu.

Rakha Mine (Maybe a future tender)

The production from Rakha mine was discontinued from 07.07.2001 and it will be reopened after execution of Rakha Mining Lease deed which is under active consideration with Local Govt. Authority. The existing reserves in Rakha Phase-I (1st-8th level) are 8.24 MT @ 1.17 % of Cu and in Phase-II (8th-14th level) are 38.95 MT @ 0.93 % of Cu. The total ore reserve is 47.19 MT @0.97% of Cu.

Of note in relation to Rakha is the Jadugoda uranium mine less than 2km as the crow flies SSW of Rakha itself.

A former GM Dr Ranen Sen, made the following comments in 2007
    “Secondly, Rakha (mine) has a high and sustainable rhenium content in the ore coming with copper and molybdenum. Rhenium could be economically exploited for our space programme. Surda should contain more copper and nickel along with gold.”

Rhenium is among the world’s most expensive metals and finds application in alloys and catalysts, besides photography. According to Dr Sen, the copper concentrate that foreign companies intend to take in lieu of investment will contain significant amounts of gold and other precious and rare metals.

“It will give them (HCL) an enormous cost advantage and profit. They will only be paying for copper and the other metals will be gratis. It will finally be a loss to the country. Under any circumstances, the copper concentrate from such areas should be sold at a much higher premium than the standard rates because of the significant presence of precious and rare metals, which can easily be recovered with appropriate technology.”

Chapri-Sideshwar Deposit

It is one of the best copper deposits in Singhbhum copper belt, having geological ore reserve of 63.5 MT @ 1.14 % of Cu. At last reports, HCL were looking at finding a foreign JV partner to develop this block as a greenfield site.

Tamapahar Deposit

This is located at extreme north west of the Rakha mining lease boundary. The geological ore reserve is 26.45 MT @ 0.86% Cu. There are suggestions of uranium associated with this deposit and is a greenfield project.

Banwas (Tender withdrawn)

22.4 mt @ 1.6 % Cu mining reserves. Not sure what is happening with this one…but Byrnecut withdrew after being identified as the favoured applicant as the GFC hit the fan.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IRL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.