That would be me Farlap and thanks. Yes, very good run, not at...

1. 1,062 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    That would be me Farlap and thanks. Yes, very good run, not at all happy on the heavy surface but needed to get a run into him. He was not at all comfortable out of the barrier and all the way to the turn but once he got out wide in the straight on probably less used ground really hit the line hard. Looking to try and make the field for 1200 listed race on Stradbroke day at Eagle Farm. If he squeezes in 54kg on surely a firm/er track, just needs a decent barrier draw to be a live chance. Couple of senior jockeys who could perhaps be offered the ride and can make the weight - hoping perhaps it might be a case of "drink what you like"

As an amusing sideline to the race today the young girl who rode him - Angela Jones - was having her first rides at Doomben I believe and when she brought him back followed the bulk of the field back to the mounting yard rather than into the winners circle. Didn't know where to go and strapper had to race off to catch up. She managed to find the right place after the following race with a really nicely judged ride on Snitzify to land the prize. 3kg claimer who is transferring to Tony Gollan in a month or so and think she will make the grade -certainly with the right stable to get some decent mounts

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.