monbiot on the spread of climate change denial, page-41

1. 20,020 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 870
    Hanrahan, yes I have been highly critical of the blogosphere, that's a fair point, but the difference in this case is that this article of Monbiot's was published by the Guardian newspaper plus he does not use his blog to try and discredit peer reviewed science.

Starburst - you mention hydroelectric power as a potential solution - unfortunately hydro in Australia is on the wane, because of drought related water shortages! For example, from the Brisbane Times article "AGL stands by drought-hit hydro plants" from May 11 2009: "The 180 MW Dartmouth Dam - Australia's largest - stopped generating electricity in 2007 and is unlikely to restart before 2011."

You also mention nuclear, but as you and I both know there is no political will for nuclear power in this country.

You say you are missing something - yes, you are missing the fact that there are no easy solutions and yes we are facing a climate catastrophe. I too am very frustrated at the lack of action on solutions, but the lack of action is mostly due to the lack of political will and the lack of political will is because sceptics like yourself are not interested in voting for schemes or solutions that will hit their hip pocket.

But, please tell me this, why do you even care? You are a sceptic and you are awaiting further information on man's impact on the climate. Why would you put your precious dollars toward something you don't even believe is occurring?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.