XJO 0.12% 8,308.3 s&p/asx 200

Mongo, I read about a few scenario's that try to explain the...

1. 5,311 Posts.
    Mongo, I read about a few scenario's that try to explain the flash crash and the best I have seen is based on a very slight timing problem that caused many orders to be offloaded to other exchanges from the NYSE. I believe it had to do with timing bid/ask orders and fills and the standards used. NYSE was very defensive of the system they use but it was different to other exchanges. This timing difference caused large numbers of orders to be shipped of to other exchanges and since the sync was out, they were below the market and perpetuated the selling.

Not sure I have accurately explained it but the info is within googles reach.

I happened to wake up right before it started and watched it live. I have never seen such relentless price action and such big holes in the liquidity of the big exchanges. It was amazing how fast liquidity dried up when the big bots started getting turned off. Amazing to watch. The bounce was just as impressive. Even Mrs Treggs was awe struck after I woke her up to see the action.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.