COI 0.00% 16.5¢ comet ridge limited

The teals are themselves likely to have SMSFs over this level....

1. 20,480 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2028
    The teals are themselves likely to have SMSFs over this level. They also have multi million dollar blind trusts that invest in fossil fuels that apparently they didnt know about. If you are a passionate environmentalist, would you not enquire what you are invested in. The greens are shallow and clueless idealogues, however the Teals in my view are the real scumbags

last week i attended a fund manager lunch with a contrarian manager. I asked the question around gas and whether economics or politics will win. The answer is economics always wins because the transition period has to be powered by gas to allow time for the renewable infrastructure to be built, which will take decades. Most of the worlds grid is powered by power lines laid in the 1930s that simply cant handle the erratic power generation of renewables.

Coal may be killed off in a decade or 2 , but only if Gas takes its place

Comet to me is the classic contrarian play, the gas reserves they have are absolutely essential and will be monetised. The SP of late has been set by the marginal buyer and seller, who cant handle the perceived uncertainty of the govt intervention, but regulated industries that disincentivise future entrants can be fantastic for existing participants

Comet trades at 1/3 of valuation based on a 12 GJ gas price. This creates a massive opportunity for shareholders as even a 21 c still represents a 50% discount to valuation but is 50% higher than todays price. I have been buying at 13 and 13.5 , 14, 14.5 , 15 etc. My average is now marginally below 15c and i am very pleased. I truly think it wont be long before we see corporate action, as i think the likes of STO cant been seen to be buying gas assets while complaining against govt actions. Once the govt position is settled thy will become active IMHO. I go back to not only there very large cash flow at present allowing a TO to happen without much fuss, but the fact they have already sank billions into GLNG and running it at 70% capacity is simply shocking economics

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COI (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.