XJO 0.68% 8,205.4 s&p/asx 200

monday meanderings, page-105

1. 17,444 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 57
    bringiton

We are not going to be in a bear market forever, as you suggest.

It is only likely to be about 8 to 10 more years in the US but much less here if history is a guide.

You make a good point about intervention, in that I think that perhaps there is some awareness about key dates and so when to act.

I felt the Aug 2007 low action was right on a potential crash date, but I suspect action can just alter which is the lowest low rather than end a bear market.

The prediction last year was for an 85% decline in Chinese markets into about now so intervention is coming near the target.

Commodity markets had a huge surge and the decline, while vicious in price is too short in time to be over.

I suspect the peak has been seen in commodities and like 1980 onward we will see every rally declared a new bull for the next 20 years.

There is no bull like a commodity bull, they can never admit its over.

The equity bear will not be one directional of course or we would be at negative numbers soon. I believe a great bull will reappear next decade when all have given up hope and be as great as any 17 year bull period of the past.

I am amazed by those that suggest that China and India have a population that aspires to a car and a fancy house and travel and the other trappings of wealth so that they must achieve all that.

Funny thing is, I suspect everyone in Australia aspires to billionaire status with a ocean going cruiser and multiple residences and no work requirements. I don't see it here yet.

But of course the consensus is that in Chindia it most come true in the short term.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.