XJO 0.81% 7,971.6 s&p/asx 200

monday monday, page-137

1. 4,960 Posts.
    Hah! Found it! it was under commodities CBOT (DUHH!)

'kay... what I was alluding to is the "List" function in IT Charts.. the "advanced Charts" you get when you (From IGMarkets Trading Platform) click the menu option Tools then select Advanced Charts from the popup dialogue box.

This first opens another browser window or tab with ITFinance and a "Start IT Charts Advanced" button
    Click the button, the ITCharts JAVA app downloads and pops up the ITCharts window:

Vis:

If you go click the Display menu option you will see the List option.

A list basically enables you to group together a bunch of charts so you can flick through then or display multiple instruments.

Here is a pic of the standard World indices list, and also a couple of dialogs taken while I was creating a custom "Dollar Basket" list:

(ya can see the CBOT reference in thebottom left "Add Securities" dialog, exchange colum in the Add securities box, if your eyes are that good)

The final purpose of this (for me) is to use these lists to set up specific goups of charts which I then save as templates.
    (Paul Booma put me onto this) which means that either through a function key or by selecting a template from the ITCharts Template menu you can display a set of charts you have already set up. (phew this is long winded lol)

Why would you want to set that kinda thing up?

Well for instance the 5,10,30,1hr block of charts I used to describe my reasons for the "ears pinned back" buy was one of my templates and once I had ITCharts up I just selected this template and bingo there are all the appropriate charts to see in a nice little block...

Also great if you (like me) use different machines, eg I mobile trade from a netbook with a 10 inch screen, I observe charts at work fon one 19" screen, I trade at home from a huge beast that sounds like a freaking vacuum cleaner and has six screens ranging from 19 to 22 plus one spare for doing all the internet posting n mailing stuff.

Whuff! hope that explains my esoteric question... and ultimately... All Good Now!

;)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.