XJO 0.10% 7,767.5 s&p/asx 200

Monday October 7 - The Far side, page-9

1. 16 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Hi 5Speed,I am in QLD enjoying this day off. Thanks to Her I have some time to write about the thanks I must give to you. I have written a bot which uses the MA_9 and MA_21 cross over as a trigger point.That's the easy bit. To try and stop false signals there is a test of the distance (in points) between the MA_9 and MA_50 and this distance is based on the previous days High and Low. There is a trailing stop algorithm as well.Back testing has proved successful, yet so has every other program I've written over the last three years, but none has worked in real life for any sustained period. Anyway, this one has been live for three weeks now and we are 95 points in profitfrom 22 trades. I'm running MT4 on a CFD Broker's platform.I am still finding the most difficult part is not interfering with the trades, i.e. closing too early for fear of losing out. Must try and let the mathematics do the job and only check on Saturday mornings !Thanks again for all the insights regarding the Moving averages, gaps, and support/resistance levels. This is not trading advice and I am not licensed for anything.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.