XJO 0.22% 7,997.7 s&p/asx 200

While I don't trade currency, I certainly use it to observe...

1. 9,861 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    While I don't trade currency, I certainly use it to observe market noises

Momentum indicator which I use to observe interesting opportunities which show up on currency charts at the tricky times

Photobucket

So when the markets were topping in 2007, those who were not clever enough to pick the top waited and saw the the Aussie flying in early 08 and used that as an exit point and confirmation the market is trouble ???
    Now if you go back and observe media and general conversations leading into April 2008, you will have an understanding of similar times.
    When the markets were bottoming in 2010, the comfort in buying the market then was that the Aussie had bottomed in a reversal to what happened at the top.

I share the chart and IF April was in fact this years top, then someone tell me that our currency is not giving a little warning.

Photobucket

So this will come across as a bearish thought, but sometimes you really do need to stand back and see if its really the roses that are giving off the scent.

I will be happy to buy the market again, when the current extremities in certain chart disappear, till then Im happy to trade with very cautious and shorter term approach.

There will always be opportunities which IMO are much sounder investment points in the market, then what we have currently.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.